Tamara Preston (née Huáng born Huáng Mei or Mei Huáng) was a new waitress who came with Gary from his travels to Hong Kong.
When Tamara first appeared in the restaurant, both Miranda and Stevie competed to become her best friend before conceding when they found her to be too lively and over-active for them. It was eventually revealed that she was not just a friend of Gary's but was officially married to Gary to allow her to enter the UK to study. She then left the restaurant to avoid it from becoming awkward. She moved to Scotland and married a chef there. The couple had twins, Joey and Lily.
- A New Low
- Just Act Normal (Indirect Mention)
- The Perfect Christmas (Mentioned)
- It was Panning (Mentioned)
- there is no mention that Gary and Tamara ever got divorced
- Gary legally and officially married Tamara
- Tamara speaks with an English accent
- She's a horrible waitress according to Clive Evan
- Tamara was born in China and lived in Britain from age 5-12 then went back to China
- Tamara and Gary have had sex more than once.